The Rugby Wind Farm project team is committed to effective and genuine engagement with the local community, and is undertaking a comprehensive and detailed consultation process, which includes:
- keeping the local community and key stakeholders informed about the proposal;
- listening to and acknowledging the concerns of members of the community that are affected by the proposal;
- understanding and responding proactively to local concerns and aspirations in a timely and appropriate way; and
- working with stakeholders to maximise the benefits of the proposal to the local community.
There has been a significant level of engagement with the community to date, including:
- Face to face meetings with landholders interested in the project;
- Two newsletters distributed through a range of channels;
- Two community information sessions to discuss preliminary details of the project;
- A website, information line and project email address;
- In a first for the wind industry in NSW we have opened a community information centre in Booroowa, supported by two community information officers employed from the region;
- A set of information brochures covering the project, wind energy and the project proponents;
- The distribution of feedback forms, directly and through the community information sessions;
- Activity with the Industry Capability Network to target local businesses to identify opportunities to supply goods and services to the project;
- Articles and letters in the local media, including regular project updates in the Boorowa News and the Yass Tribune;
We have established a Community Consultative Committee which will provide a forum for open discussion between representatives of the wind farm, the community, the Council and other stakeholders.
For more information about the project:
- Keep visiting this website – we will keep it updated as key project milestones are reached
- Visit our Information Centre at 21 Marsden St, Boorowa.
- Email us or call us with any questions you have about the project.
- Call or email us to organise a face-to-face meeting – our team is happy to meet with you in person.
- Receive our newsletters - throughout the development of this project we will keep you up to date on our progress.
- Look out for more information sessions as the project develops.